European Commission Senior Expert at DG CONNECT & StandICT.eu 2023 Project Officer
The 4th StandICT.eu 2023 "Walk & Talk" webinar will introduce the activity of the EUOS Academy and the concept behind it: goals, expectations and purposes with a view to provide a significant learning experience in Standardisation to students, researchers, PhDs and business employees.
The work of the Academy, led by the Chair Brian McAuliffe is aimed at finding answers to the following aspects:
- How to use standards.
- How to take part in the standards making process.
- How to include standardisation from the beginning of a project or businesses.
- How to reap the full benefits standardisation can offer.
- Participating in standardisation to influence the content of future standards.
Who should attend
- ICT Specialists and Professionals under the main Digital Single Market & Digital Europe domains
- Standard Developing Organisations representatives
- Members of Research Institutes working in ICT Standard Development
- Representative of National Standards Associations
11:00 - 11:15 Brian McAuliffe - Opening & the role of the Academy for Education in Standardisation
11:15 - 11:25 Thomas Reibe - Education in Standardisation: the EC perspective
11:25 - 11:35 Ivana Mijatovic - Education in Standardisation form an academic point of view
11:35 - 11:45 Martin Chapman - Why Standardisation Engagement and Education is important for your Industry
Director of Technology Standards at HP Inc & EUOS Academy Chair
Senior Director, Standards and Compliance Policy EMEA at ORACLE
Full Professor at Department of Quality Management & Standardisation (Belgrade University)
2021 July 06 - 2021 July 06
- Time 11:00:00 - 12:30:00