The mission of the Web Platform Working Group is to continue the development of the HTML language and provide specifications that enable improved client-side application development on the Web, including application programming interfaces (APIs) for client-side development and markup vocabularies for describing and controlling client-side application behavior.
The group will:
- Continue the development of the HTML language, and associated APIs.
- Ensure that developers can use Web technologies to build client-side applications that rely on Web engines as application run-time environments.
- Provide generic and consistent interoperability and integration among all target formats, such as HTML, CSS, and SVG.
- Continue to define normative requirements for applications that process HTML resources, including browsers and other interactive user agents, authoring tools, content management tools, and conformance checkers.
- Ensure Web applications can work across a wide range of devices and among a broad diversity of users, in particular addressing issues of accessibility, device independence, internationalization, privacy, and security.
- Status: Published
- Publication date :
- Working Groups :
- Category: Information coding Languages used in IT