The mission of the Web Applications Working Group (WebApps WG) is to produce specifications that facilitate the development of client-side web applications.
The scope of the WebApps Working Group is:
- Haptic input devices and their emitted events and/or data.
- Textual input and text manipulation.
- Data sharing across remote and local web applications.
- Receiving and acting upon data from remote sources.
- Accessing the file system and persistent storage.
- Interfacing with OS capabilities.
- Integrating web applications with the OS.
The working group also maintains a specification for mapping HTML elements and attributes to platform accessibility APIs, and a separate specification that defines author conformance requirements for setting ARIA attributes. The Working Group does not expect to add any other specifications relating to this matter.
Specifications produced by the WebApps Working Group enable developers to create web applications that work across a wide range of platforms and devices, and for a broad diversity of users, by addressing matters of accessibility, device independence, internationalization, privacy, and security.