It is currently difficult to express banking account information, education qualifications, healthcare data, and other sorts of machine-readable personal information that has been verified by a 3rd party on the Web. These sorts of data are often referred to as verifiable claims. The mission of the Verifiable Claims Working Group is to make expressing, exchanging, and verifying claims easier and more secure on the Web. This charter focuses on use cases for education.
- Recommend a data model and syntax(es) for the expression of verifiable claims, including one or more core vocabularies.
- Create a note specifying one or more of
- how these data models should be used with existing attribute exchange protocols;
- a suggestion that existing protocols be modified;
- a suggestion that a new protocol is required.
- Focus their efforts on the identified use cases with a particular focus on the education sector. As a secondary focus, the group may address use cases on digital offers, receipts, and loyalty programs; discussion of these topics is not exclusive to this Working Group. Use cases from other industries may be included if there is significant industry participation.