3GPP TR 22.832 identifies further Stage 1 potential 5G service requirements for cyber-physical control applications in vertical domains. It describes specific use cases aimed at clarifying and motivating these additional service requirements for Release 17. With respect to the Rel-16 baseline, this Technical Report identifies more specific requirements or additional requirements for closely-related additional functionality to improve the applicability of 5G systems to vertical domains.
Aspects addressed are:
- Industrial Ethernet integration, which includes time synchronisation, different time domains, integration scenarios, and support for time-sensitive networking (TSN).
- Non-public networks, non-public networks as private slices, and further implications on security for non-public networks (NPN).
- Network operation and Maintenance in 5G non-public networks for cyber-physical control applications in vertical domains.
- Enhanced QoS monitoring, communication service and networks diagnostics.
- Communication service interface between application and 5G systems, e.g. information to the network for setting up communication services for cyber-physical control applications and corresponding monitoring.
- Network performance requirements for cyber-physical control applications in vertical domains.
- Positioning with focus on the vertical dimension for Industrial IoT.
- Device-to-device/ProSe communication for cyber-physical applications in vertical domains.
The section on 'merged potential service requirements', e.g. industrial Ethernet integration; NPNs; network operations and maintenance; positioning and device to device/ProSe communication, also relates to the common requirements mapping driven by a sub-set of 3GPP Market Representation Partners, namely: 5G Infrastructure Association (5G-IA), 5G Automotive Association (5GAA), 5G-ACIA (Alliance for Connected Industry and Automation) and Public Safety Communications Europe (PSCE). This wrork is supported by H2020 project Global5G.org.