Location: Brussels, EC DG Connect, Premises BU 25 Avenue de Beaulieu Belgium
Thursday 5th December 2019
Purpose & Scope
Digital Technologies & Interoperability and Standardization work hand in hand in laying the foundation for a truly Digital Single Market. We also know that ICT Standardisation has dramatically changed over the last decades. Alongside traditional standardization organisations, specialized and mostly global fora and consortia have emerged as world-leading ICT standard development bodies that are developing the vast majority of standards for the internet, the World Wide Web and more recently for Cloud computing, Cybersecurity, Artificial Intelligence (AI), IoT and blockchain.
This workshop will be a unique opportunity to introduce the results of StandICT.eu, over the 24 months of the lifetime of the project the best practices, and hearing from successful applicants and how they have made an impact in the ICT standardization efforts they have contributed to. This final StandICT.eu gathering wishes to use this venue as a results-oriented day where SDO technical committees in international SDOs, fora and consortia may attend to also shed light on their achievements and their needs to help support the standards Watch and to pave the way for future focus under Horizon Europe and 2020-2021.
What’s more, standards are increasingly seen as a bridge between research, innovation, and the market, and as a means of capturing and disseminating knowledge. The workshop wishes to showcase and demonstrate how standardisation activity supports a global market creating opportunities for European businesses and consumers and it is achieved via the most appropriate routes and organisations.
Who should attend?
ICT SMEs, SME associations and Start-Ups, SDO representatives, those contributing to technical committees & international SODs, industry and their relevant associations, policymakers and funding agencies, national funded Research & Innovation Projects, especially those who have identified standardization outputs looking to assess future priorities and challenges brought by standards and identifying gaps in standardization efforts, Academia, Public administrations, larger organisations.
Main Take-aways for the audience
- Learn from those Standardization organisations and technical committees on standards which could be important & relevant for SMEs, academia, start-ups;
- See what the successful applicants from StandICT.eu achieved and their contributions to gaps & best practices;
- Hear from testimonials who are working on gaps & EU priorities in ICT standardization;
- Standards & Education capacity building on the fly;
- Gain a whole new understanding of why standards are important and should become your priority & how it can be affordable for the stakeholders present especially SMEs, Start-ups, industry;
- Understand how Research & innovation works hand in hand with Standards from the experts;
- See how StandICT.eu may become sustainable in the future.
- 09:00 – 09:30 Registration & Networking Coffee
- 09.30 – 10:30 – StandICT.eu Principal Achievements, the Funding Platform, the Standards Watch - 24 months on & Standards WATCH, Silvana Muscella StandICT.eu Coordinator
10:30 – 11:30 Panel Discussion I - Engaging with the audience on an overview of the needs, future challenges & areas of improvements of ICT Standardisation in Europe
Moderator Silvana Muscella, StandICT.eu coordinator
- Bernard Barani, Deputy Head of Unit at European Commisson- DG CONNECT - Future Connectivity Systems.
- Antonio Kung ISO member & CEO at Trialog.
- Samira Nik, Project Manager - Market Perspectives & Innovation & StandICT.eu EAG member
- Ashok Ganesh, Director Market Perspectives & Innovation at Cen Cenelec.
- Brian McAuliffe, Standards Strategy & Policy Lead EMEA at HP Inc. & Technology Standards Expert at ISO/IEC JTC 1.
- Rusne Juozapaitiene, Representative in ETSI TC Cyber & StandICT.eu funded applicant under Cybersecurity domain
- 11:30 – 12:00 Networking Coffee
12:15- 13:15 Panel discussion II - Sustainability of funding platforms & their potential impact on industrial policies & the international market.
- Olajumoke OgunBekun, Strategy Consultant for Fujitsu Ltd & OneM2M 3Gpp SmartM2M.
- Fergal Finn, Manager Standards Innovation Policy & Business Development NSAI Standards.
- Philippe Cousin, CEO at Easy Global Market, coordinator of SME SEC & Expert Evaluator for StandICT.eu.
- Richelle Ahlvers, Storage Management Software Architect (SNIA), StandICT.eu EAG member
- Giorgio Cangioli, Chair of HL7 Italy & StandICT.eu funded applicant under eHealth applicant
- 13:30-14:30 Networking Lunch
- 14:30- 15:30 Panel discussion III – Standardisation & PPP, Technical Committees & SMEs Going forward, Ray Walshe EAG Chair & Moderator
- Keith Jeffery, Consultant at Keith G Jeffery Consultants & EAG member, Metadata for interoperability
- Jean-Pierre Bienaime, Secretary General at 5G Infrastructure Association & EAG member
- Scott Cadzow, Chief ITS Architect and Advisor to Board at Crypta Labs & EAG member
- Axel Rennoch, Senior Scientist & Project manager at Fraunhofer FOKUS IoT & ETSI
- David Manset, CEO & Co-Founder at Be-studys
- Raul Sanchez Reillo, directopr of GUTI at Madrid University, representative of ISO/IEC JTC1 SC37 & StandICT.eu funded applicant under Biometrics domain
- 15:30- 16:00 Open Discussion - Wrap-up & Conclusions