Autonomous & Intelligent Systems (A/IS) are rapidly gaining ground beyond transportation, into health, social care, manufacturing, industrial productivity and advanced cyber-defense, just to name a few application areas. They hold great promise to benefit society as well as business, but they also bring forth social, legal and ethical challenges, which include issues of major systemic risk, diminishing trust, privacy challenges and issues of data transparency, ownership and agency. This event will:
- Promote awareness of ethical considerations around A/IS technologies.
- Showcase the importance to and value of industry engagement in the development of standards
- Illustrate how voluntary standards can have relevance to industry, citizens, and the policy community, and be leverage for the public good
The event is broken down into two separate sessions:
- Empowering the digital citizen and the digital society through Trust-Enabling solutions for data-related technologies
- AI, Autonomous Systems and Standardisation: an industry perspective